Dimethyl Carbonate (DMC)
Product Name: Dimethyl Carbonate
Molecular Formula: C3H6O3
Molecular weight: 90.08
CAS No.: 616-38-6
Hazard Class: 3.2
UN No.: 1161
1. Appearance: Transparent Colorless Liquid;
2. It can be mixed with such organic solvents as alcohol, ketone, ester, etc.
3. At any proportion but it is slightly soluble in water.
1. Flammable liquid and vapor, keep away from sources of ignition.
2. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substance.
1. DMC is a perfect methylating agent, carbonylating agent, methoxylating agent and methylolating agent with active chemical properties.
2. DMC can be used into produce polypropylene carbonate. In pharmaceutical and pesticide, DMC can be used into produce ciprofloxacin and carbadox.
3. DMC is a indispensable raw material to produce lithium battery electrolyte. Because of its excellent chemical and environmental property, recently DMC is acting as a good solvent for coating, paints, ink and adhesive substituting the benzene, xylene, ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, acetone, butanone, toluene.
4. DMC is an ideal substitute for toxic substances such as dimethyl sulphate, and methyl chloraformate.
5. DMC is a green chemical product.
|High grade||First grade||Qualified grade|
|Content||99.90 % min||99.50% min||99.0% min|
|Water content||100 ppm max||0.10% max||0.15% max|
|Density(20C)||1.066-1.076 g/cm 3||1.066-1.076 g/cm 3||1.066-1.076 g/cm 3|
|Acidity||0.10 % max||0.10% max||0.12% max|
|Ash content||0.02% max||0.02%||0.02% max|
|Color(APHA)||10 max||10 max||10 max|
|Methanol||100 ppm max||0.10% max||0.50% max|